This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewDadMustHaves #CollectiveBias
My husband is the most amazing father to our three young daughters, so every Father’s Day we try to make it extra special for him. He loves being gifted handmade items but also enjoys anything tech related. This year we decided to give him both with the VTech VM981 Expandable HD Video Baby Monitor with 1 Wi-Fi Camera, 5” Touch Screen and an adorable handcrafted Why I Love My Daddy book.
The VTech VM981 Wi-FI HD Video Monitor is the perfect must-have gift for any parent. This product goes far and beyond traditional baby monitors with its amazing features. It’s user friendly and quick and easy to install, a huge plus for busy parents! The product includes a parent unit with a 5″ high-definition color touch screen and a low profile HD camera that can be manually positioned to fit your needs. One of my favorite features about the monitor is it’s local and remote viewing capability through the My VTech Baby app. Simply install the app to all applicable iOS or Android devices for your household to listen and view, even while outside the home. Another great feature the VM981 offers is motion alerts. If your little one awakes or someone walks in his/her room, the camera will detect the motion and send an instant alert to either your parent unit or smartphone. If you have multiple little ones you need to keep an eye on, the VM980 supports up to nine additional units. There are so many things to love about the VM981, it’s hard to name them all — listed below are some of my favorite top features.
- 720p high-definition video camera: Provides crystal clear viewing
- Automatic infrared night vision
- 10X remote digital zoom: Simply pinch the screen and zoom in just as you would on a smartphone
- Volume control: Play sound at the range desired or mute
- Extended Wi-Fi range
- Record a video or take a snapshot as desired: a 4GB internal flash memory is built into the parental unit or you can insert a micro SD card for more storage capacity
- Expandable system: Add up to 9 units
This unit, along with VTech’s entire product line, provides stylish modern design and superior features and functionality. The VM981 offers all the features parents want and need, so they can have peace of mind knowing they will always have eyes and ears on their little one. Shop the VTech VM981 Expandable Video Monitor here.
Because the VTech VM981 was the perfect tech gift for Father’s Day, my daughters wanted to also create a DIY gift for him as well. We decided to create an I Love My Daddy book filled with reasons why my girls love their dad along with photos that pair up with their sweet messages. They also had fun coloring on each page which made this a wonderful keepsake for their daddy. To create a book for your loved one this father’s day you will need just a few basic items and special reasons why your little one’s love their dad.
Photos, typed and printed messages/reasons, several pieces of thick card stock paper in desired colors, glue stick, hole puncher, yarn, crayons, stickers, lettering
1. Create your front cover using your lettering for the title.
2. Organize and design your printed messages with the correlating photos on the card stock paper.
3. Glue on the photos and add stickers.
4. Have your little ones color pictures in the blank spaces on each page.
5. Hole punch the corner of the book and using yarn to fasten the book together.