This post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you click on a link and make a purchase.
One of the most important aspects of breastfeeding is comfort for both mom and baby. If mom is relaxed and comfortable then baby will also be and feedings will be a time of not only food but nurturing and bonding. Nursing pillows provide added comfort through supporting baby and offer close positioning to ensure a proper latch. Nursing pillows also provide benefits beyond feeding such as a pillow for tummy-time or prop-up support following feedings to ease reflux or colic. Because baby will be spending great deal of time in close contact with this pillow it is important to choose an organic option. Listed below are my top choices for feeding pillows made with natural and organic materials.
- Organic inside and out (Cover Materials: Eucalyptus, Organic Cotton/ Core Materials: Organic Kapok)
- The organic Pebble Wrap material is soft as an infant’s skin and keeps baby and mom cool and comfortable
- Organic Kapok fill, while lightweight, provides the perfect structure and comfort for nursing and bottle feeding
- Nook’s patented Pebble Fabric in naturally water-resistant making any leakage, spit-up, etc easy to clean
- 26″ x 26″ x 8″
- Made in the USA
- 100% organic and non-allergenic
- Perfect Positioning: Pillow is filled with organic buckwheat hulls, making it possible to shift the contents around like a bean bag to find the perfect position unique to each mother and baby (once the position is set the little pyramid-shaped hulls inside the pillow interlock together to conform to the shape and hold the position)
- Unique filling allows air to circulate keeping both baby and mother cool and comfortable
- Easy to Clean: The easily removable slipcover is machine-washable and able to handle frequent laundering, which is often necessary when feeding young babies (the inside pillow can be spot cleaned and heat sanitized by putting it in the dryer for 20 minutes)
- Made in the USA
- Available in a variety of colors
- Made from premium organic wool and cotton fabrics
- All-natural “Bo Peep” helps to lift your baby closer to your breast and relieves pressure off of your arm and legs trying to hold the baby up
- Pillow stuffing is made with pure organic wool and the cloth cover is made from organic cotton.
- Occasional washing of this product is possible with the instructions provided, however it is recommended to purchase the separate Nursing Pillow Zippered Cover that can be removed frequently for washing (Boppy slipcovers fit this pillow)
- Handmade in the USA