This post contains affiliate links. I will receive a commission or store credit if you click on a link and make a purchase.
Choosing a stroller for your little one is an important decision as it needs to fit your lifestyle while also being comfortable, safe, and non-toxic for baby. Many mainstream strollers are treated with toxic flame retardants and created with plastics containing chemicals like BPA, PVC, or Phthalates. Below is a list of alternative strollers which I found to be much less toxic compared to most of the mainstream strollers currently available.
- Can serve as your child’s first ride until they no longer need a stroller: offering a carry cot, travel system and rear- and forward-facing seat modes
- Versatile and convenient
- All-weather seat with breathable mesh, an oversized extended canopy and the revolutionary dream drape for your child’s comfort
- One-handed adjustable recline and calf support, as well as a height-adjustable pushbar
- Foam-filled tires and front and rear wheel progressive suspension technology for a smooth ride
- For children up to 50 pounds
The Nuna IVVI Stroller is made with fabric, fiber fill and foam that are certified free from numerous harmful substances abiding by European REACH and EN71 standards as well as CPSIA in the US. All plastics and metals also comply with European REACH and EN71 standards as well as CPSIA in the US. Additionally, Nuna’s complete line of gear is made in an eco-freindly and ISO-certified factory and consists of best in class materials.
- Sleek and sturdy
- Height-adjusting handle
- Compatible with the Nuna PIPA Infant Car Seat for a complete travel system
- Adjustable three-position recline
- Two-position, adjustable leg support
- Three- or five-point safety harness
- Quick click release button on safety harness
- Convenient one-handed opening
- One-of-a-kind, fold-in-half design that collapses to the size of a backpack
- Stands upright when folded
- One-touch, rear wheel braking system
- Locking swiveling front wheels
- Smooth suspension
The Nuna Pepp Stroller is made with fabric, fiber fill and foam that are certified free from numerous harmful substances abiding by European REACH and EN71 standards as well as CPSIA in the US. All plastics and metals also comply with European REACH and EN71 standards as well as CPSIA in the US. Additionally, Nuna’s complete line of gear is made in an eco-freindly and ISO-certified factory and consists of best in class materials.
- Includes: Air Pump, Wrist Strap, Extendable canopy, and Bumper Bar
- 360 degrees swiveling front wheel with in-line lock option
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- 5-point breakaway harness with shoulder pads
- Exterior fabric made from 100% recycled PET
The textiles, aluminum and plastics that make up Bumbleride products are carefully chosen for durability, safety and function, but also their environmental impact. They seek out suppliers that are innovating to save energy, conserve water and reduce pollution in landfills. Bumbleride fabrics are OEKO-TEX and Bluesign supplier certified and feature a 100% recycled polyester made from recycled post consumer water bottles (rPET, polyethylene terephthalate). The Silver Black colors uses an innovative dye process that conserves approximately 25-40 gallons of water per stroller. This dye process not only reduces water use but also pollution created from the dye process.
- 100% Cotton Canvas
- One-hand fold with automatic frame lock; folds to just 28″ x 23″ x 12″ and adjustable handlebar from 26″ – 38.5″ high
- Stroller weighs 20 lbs and can hold up to 44 lbs on 22.8″ wide aluminum frame with 10″ air filled tires
- Full size seat adjustable from upright to full lie flat with reversible liner and 5 point safety harness that measures 25.5″ H x 12″ W
- Bumper bar and one bottle holder included
- Compatible with carrycot plus and infant car seats from Mountain Buggy, phil&teds, Graco, Peg Perego, Maxi Cosi, Cybex and Chicco (with adapter sold separately)
Mountain Buggy’s stroller design and technology has evolved over the years, and their desire to produce premium products has led to high quality material selection, innovative engineering processes and a vigorous testing program that includes exceeding all mandatory tests for worldwide safety standards.