Choosing a non-toxic highchair for baby is just as important as the organic food she will eat while sitting in the chair. When shopping for a highchair, make sure it is free of the harmful chemicals that often lurk in plastic (ie: BPA, Phthalate, PVC). If purchasing a wooden chair be certain it is finished with a non-toxic lacquer. Additionally, you may want to choose a chair that is level to your table, so baby is a part of family meals. Much to my surprise, many of the chairs on the market do not fit the above standards (which is crazy!).
Keekaroo Right Height Chair
This is the chair I used with my youngest two girls. I love the Right Height Chair for so many reasons but mainly because it is free of BPA, PVC, Phthalate, Latex, and Nitrosamine. It is constructed of sustainable rubberwood and finished with a plant based lacquer. It has a plastic tray (fits over the wooden tray) which can be easily removed and washed with soap and water for clean up. Additionally it is not awkwardly tall like so many other highchairs- my girls were right at level with the rest of the family at mealtime. The entire tray portion can also be removed so you can push the chair right up to your table as well. The chair is JPMA certified and to the highest ASTM standards for children up to 3 years old. The best part of this chair is that it is cost comparable to many other conventional highchairs!
- Wooden tray with bumpers + plastic tray cover
- 3-Point removable pelvic belt
- Soft cloth seat cushion
- Height adjustable seat plate and foot plate
- Depth adjustable seat plate and foot plate
The Tripp Trapp solid wood chair offers value and durability as it is designed to grow with your child. With comfort and style this will be a long-lasting and practical piece of furniture.
- Made of 100% solid beechwood
- Water-based, non-toxic paint
- No harmful substances/free from bisphenol and phtalates
- Ergonomic seating for age 6 months up to a 300 lb. adult
- Baby Set attachment is suitable for infants from 6 months
- 5-point safety harness
- Extended gliders
- Stable footrest
- Unique height adjustability and depth adjustability
- Converts to an adult chair*Made of 100% solid beechwood
The Svan Signet offers a safe, beautiful, practical, and long-lasting high chair for your baby. The award-winning high chair grows with your child from 6 months to young adult.
- Fully adjustable seat depth provides optimum torso and leg support
- Comes with wooden tray and removable, easy-toclean tray cover that is dishwasher safe and BPA and phthalate-free
- Made from sustainable wood with a lead-free finish